• fixed a serious bug with MIDI and iOS 9.1 (and maybe 9.0.x)
• fixed a bug where OSC forced outgoing connections to be TCP rather than UDP
• now you can choose to use UDP or TCP for an OSC heartbeat (defaults to UDP)
• complete rebuild of heartbeat settings – OSC heartbeat now can include device name, delay, arm status and last IP octet in the OSC address
• rearranged settings view
I’ve submitted v1.2.4 to Apple – this update includes:
• updated with Apr 26 schedule
• refactoring of station/trip display (evidently I was doing something unnecessary that leaked a bit of memory)
• minor updates to network code
• bug fix – “swipe to stop action” works better
• bug fix – “pickup to stop action” actually works
• minimum iOS version is now 5.1.1 (sorry – that’s a requirement now)
I’ve submitted an update to PathSchedule (v1.2.4)
• updated schedule to 3/23/15 release from Trillium Transit
• fixed crash when touching top of screen for scroll to top after reordering stations…
well, I just got accepted into the MFi program – I figure it’ll give me something to read while I raise my daughter…
I’ve submitted an update to PathSchedule (v1.2.2) – but unfortunately Apple didn’t approve it before they went on holiday…
new features include:
- corrected schedule – I’ve reported a bunch of errors in the schedule data to Trillium Transit – to their credit, they’ve fixed most of the problems I identified… I’ll reserve listing the remaining problems for a later post
- remote schedule updates – now I can update the PATH Schedule without releasing a new version of the app
- slightly faster code – I cleaned up a lot of poorly written code that didn’t work correctly anyway
I’m constantly amazed at how crappy the PATH schedule data is – I submit the following as evidence:
– PATH creates PathAlert on 10/24 stating that a new schedule goes into effect on 10/26/14
– the PATH schedule data at http://trilliumtransit.com/transit_feeds/path-nj-us/ is updated
– the 10/26/14 (pdf) schedule is updated on the PATH website
– the data from the pdf and trilliumtransit.com don’t match – in fact the pdf schedule seems to reflect the pre 10/26/14 schedule (I won’t even comment on how PATH doesn’t bother to tell developers that they’ve updated the schedule)
Honestly – I’ve been working in this industry for decades… how hard is it to match your developer data to your printed schedule? I don’t know which is correct – I can’t release a new version of PathSchedule simply because I’d rather leave the bad schedule I have out there than replace it with a worse one…
I’m glad I’m not asking anyone to pay for this kind of shoddy schedule maintenance – it’s embarrassing…
uhg… I finally got around to finishing up 1.3.1 – basically it has a rebuilt Dropbox and Google Drive browser – along with some minor improvements in the sound player and background routines.
it seems that I can no longer use AVAudioPlayer in the Xcode iphone simulator for iOS 7.1 (6.1 and 7.0 are just fine) – that made some testing a bit harder since I freaked out when sound stopped working… but it seems to be an apple issue (or possibly due to installing both Xcode 5 & Xcode 6beta).
I’m hoping to get v 1.3.2 out relatively soon – 1.3.2 will include the ability to save the StageCaller config and sound files to Dropbox or Google Drive for the purpose of backup and restore to multiple devices… I know exactly what I need to do, I just need to find the time to write it.
I’m in the process of updating how Dropbox works in StageCaller – basically, I was too lazy to implement folder navigation when I added in Dropbox and Google Drive… I’m now using a wonderful piece of code from Daniel Bierwirth (https://github.com/danielbierwirth/DropboxBrowser) that I simply didn’t want to write
1.3.1 is undergoing testing and should make its way to apple in the next few days.