StageCaller for Android v1.0.2-RC3

jay announcements

New release candidate! I fixed some issues with call actions.

There's a new setting named "Blackout" - basically this will black out the screen after a call action ends. When blackout is off (and the phone's screen lock is set to 'none') the user would suddenly find themselves looking at the StageCaller app which may destroy the illusion of the fake call.

When blackout is on, you'll see a blank black screen - either press the back button to close it, or lock & unlock the phone to remove the blackout screen.

I also fixed "call duration" and "hangup after" action settings - so, these now work. "Call Duration" will end the answered call after the specified time (in seconds) and "Hangup After" will end the un-answered call after the specified time (in seconds).

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.disappointedpig.stagecaller

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disappointedpig.stagecaller

StageCaller for Android 1.0.2-RC2

jay announcements

I’ve released StageCaller for Android 1.0.2-RC2 – this fixes a bunch of stability issues. I also fixed some startup & restore issues.

Android 5.x & 6.x have some issues with IPv6 that I haven’t figured out yet – so if your MIDI setup gets can’t connect or timeout errors please try manually entering the device IP address into the Audio MIDI Setup directory. Other than that, this version should work pretty well.

I think the next steps are to flesh out the fake call subsystem and the pattern editor. At some point I’m going to have to resolve the differences between the iOS & Android versions.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.disappointedpig.stagecaller

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disappointedpig.stagecaller

StageCaller for Android (v1.0.0 beta)

jay announcements

I’ve finally had the time to update StageCaller for Android to v1 beta.

At this moment, the pattern editor needs to be rewritten, the call system needs work, and network reconnection and error handling could be a lot better – but basically everything works

I’ll spend the next few weeks fixing interface issues and preparing documentation

Path Schedule updated (v 2.2)

jay news

V2.2 is a minor update to Path Schedule – I fixed a long standing bug that would crash the app when re-ordering stations – it didn’t happen all that often which is why I had such a hard time finding the issue…

Basically I finally wrote a better routine for re-ordering stations. I used to regenerate all the station views (which took ~1.5 seconds) , now I just move the views around in the scroll view by changing their constraints (~100ms) – while rewriting this I finally noticed the stupid bug that I should have seen years ago.

StageCaller 1.3.11 released

jay announcements

new version of StageCaller (iOS)!

so I realized that I screwed up Dropbox support after the Dropbox V1 shutdown last June – I’m not sure why I hadn’t noticed.. but Dropbox works again – I also fixed swipe to stop on iOS10/11… it was a minor problem that I stumbled on for too long – regardless, it works again

I also rebuilt the app to work on iOS 8 – I forget who asked for that, but I did it anyway – StageCaller works on 4gs or better, iPad 2 or better, and iPod gen5 or better – as far as I’m concerned that’s pretty good

to be honest, I really need to rewrite everything in swift… I’m most of the way there, but I keep getting distracted by the Android build (which will move to beta soon) – I’ve written MIDI & OSC in swift and they work pretty well, but I need to seriously think about the app workflow as well as the feature drift from the future Android release

I simply can’t get Apple’s CallKit to work the way I need it to so I can’t simulate calls on par with what I can do on Android… (basically it’ll work once, and then you need to force quit the app… that’s not the user experience I want to provide) – I need to revisit the CallKit problem again with iOS11, but I figure it’ll never work the way I want

updated PathSchedule 9/17/17

jay announcements

I’ve updated PathSchedule with the 9/17/17 schedule update as well as my first pass of updating for iOS11

I’ll need to do a little work to redesign for iPhoneX – oddly the not square corners and the top notch will require some thought as far as design goes…

the good news is that my pipeline that takes the trillium transit data and turns it into something usable works well enough that I don’t need to rewrite everything when the GTFS specification changes